Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Video: Good C# Habits Can Encourage Bad JavaScript Habits

Today I recorded a Webinar with DevExpress entitled "Good C# Habits Can Encourage Bad JavaScript Habits". The webinar is embedded below.

The talk was spurred by a recent Fornt-end Architecture Review I performed where the background of the developers was primarily C#. The project was almost entirely written in JavaScript and I noticed a common set of bad JavaScript practices that appeared to have their influence in good C# techniques.

These thoughts turned into a series of articles that I posted several months ago on Enterprise jQuery and I have recently pooled the articles into the following presentation.

I hope that this presentation will help you prevent some of these mistakes in your projects and to let you know, I've made all these mistakes myself :)



Resources


At the end of the presentation I list several resources that you might want to dig into and research for yourself.

Slides and Articles
  • I have hosted the slides from the video. I utilized an HTML5 Presentation tool and the slides are best viewed using either Google Chrome or Firefox. 
  • The article series this video was based on can be found on Enterprise jQuery
Tools
Books
Articles
Video

Mix 11 Conference

If you like this topic, then please consider voting for it to be included in the Microsoft Mix 11 conference by clicking the following tweet. Voting ends on Feb 4th. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment