Friday, June 23, 2006

About Elijah Manor

Thanks for clicking the URL from my Twitter account. If you haven't already, I’d love to connect with you via my @elijahmanor twitter account.

Instead of just launching you into one of my websites... I thought I'd give you a little background on who I am and what I do.

I am a Christian married to my wonderful wife, Andrea. We are blessed to have two children Abby (3 years) and Enoch (9 months). I attend the Fellowship Bible Church in Brentwood, TN and I work for Compuware as a consultant developing Web Applications using Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5, MVC, AJAX, jQuery, Silverlight, and the works!

If you haven't noticed already I'm kind of a Twitterholic and I tend to tweet quite often on Twitter. I have recieved a Nuclear Follow Cost on more than one occasion.

I am aware that not all my followers are .NET fanatics, so I try to spread out non-.NET tweets throughout the day as well. I loosely try to stick with this schedule during business hours...

  • 1 tweet per hour (7:00am, 8:00am, etc...) about topics such as ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, Silverlight, etc...
  • 1 tweet per hour (7:30am, 8:30am, etc...) about topics such as jQuery, JavaScript, CSS, etc...

Many people ask me how in the world do I tweet all the time? Well, the trick is that I don't :) Every night or early in the morning I sift through my hundreds of RSS feeds, sort through several topic streams in Twitter using TweetGrid, and compile a list of resources I find most helpful. I then schedule out these tweets using Tweetlicious.

If you are interested in following me, but are leary because of the volume of my tweets, then you may want to consider one of the following options.

  • Search for my technical tweets on Twitter anytime you want
  • Add an RSS feed via Twitter to my technical tweets
  • Or check out my delicious account where I automatically post my tech tweets

Connect with Me

Thanks for visiting my about page. If you’ve not already don’t forget to follow me on Twitter so we can interact there.

14 comments:

  1. thanks for this info of yourself. Regards. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:18 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:46 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:33 AM

    Hi, Elijah how are you, i'm your twitter friend,, i decided to visit your site. i want ask your help, may be you could help me, thanks a lot.
    i have blogs, my blogs are http://linuxjakarta.blogspot.com , http://harnis62.blogspot.com and http://dapurkumasakanku.blogspot.com (about indonesian cuisine ). first of all, i wanna aks you why Microsoft index page (MIP) and Yahoo indexpage (YIP)does not index my blogs ( youcan visit my blogs), i have already submitted my all blogs. Could you explain it to me ?, thank you very much. have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elijah,

    I am a Christian in New York seeking a developer like yourself to help with a new initiative within my company.

    I am looking for someone to develop an RIA or otherwise that is an extension of my company's site.

    The company is a global executive relocation portal working only with multi national corporations and have been successful in this field.

    If you are interested in working on new projects either as a consultant or as an actual developer I would be interested in talking with you. I think what I want to develop is exciting, an industry original and will be successful.

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool -- I did follow you and have my own follow blog:

    Twitter Teamwork

    TEAMWORK NETWORK OF INTERNET MARKETERS!

    TEAMWORK NETWORK OF INTERNET MARKETERS — 71 HAVE JOINED IN JUST ITS FIRST WEEK!

    EMAIL ME TO KNOW MORE — TWITTER IS AWESOME AND WE FOLLOW EACH OTHERS’ TWITTERS..ALL MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS AMONG OTHER SITES INCLUDING YOUTUBE AND MORE!

    You can email me here too for more info: nyactorm11@gmail.com

    TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting tweets. I especially like the fact that they are scheduled. Takes away from your props but very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:06 PM

    Elija,
    I wish you wouldn't use http://ow.ly to post your links on twitter.

    Two reasons:
    1. Practical: I like to bookmark them and want to bookmark the original page, not an http://ow.ly URL.

    2. Ethical: I don't think it is ethical for http://ow.ly to basically steal content from other sites an present it under their URL as if it is their content.l

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tx for the tweet to my blog, Elijah.

    KR
    Tobias

    ReplyDelete
  10. i enjoy so much your technical twitts, i save a lot of time searching, you are doing the job for a lot of people like me. I only can say thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:37 PM

    So maybe you can help me out..I suddenly can't message anyone on twitter. Last week I could now it askes me to dowload a file extention and doesnt do anything from there. Have you experienced this before. I'd really like to fix this because I'd like to direct message people I know..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elijah,
    I am having conflicts with jquery/interface.js and lightbox/scriptaculous/prototype.js. I can't get them both to work on the same page. Any suggestions. You can view my source at http://jasonmontour.com. Any help would be totally appreciated. Thanks!
    p.s. I am jmCom on twitter....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrei2:33 PM

    Hello, do you use some tool to import Twits to Delicious Account?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eck - I accidentally hit "block" instead of "follow" on your twitter request... and that seems to have bounced your follow... sorry 'bout that - retry and should be fine now.

    ReplyDelete