Friday, January 27, 2012

Having Fun with JavaScript and Skype Emoticons

I was chatting with Jim Cowart (@ifandelse) on Skype today about jQuery. He pasted in a snippet of code and Skype translated part of it into one of it's emoticons. He almost immediately updated the chat message to fix the issue, but it got me starting to think... and that can be very dangerous.

I thought to myself that it would be fun to create a program that intentionally utilize Skype emoticons. The following screenshot is the result of the program I put together. It is a restaurant where you can listen, eat, and drink ;)


As you can tell, it is a silly little program. The code for the above screenshot can be found below. Some of the icons I used are secret emoticons that you can lookup.


If you'd like to come up with your own Skype-enabled JavaScript program, then I'd like to see it. Share it in the comments. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment